Saturday, April 16, 2011

My First Thoughts

Gosh.  What do I want to say on my very first posting to my brand new blog?  Somehow I'm thinking it should be something earth shaking...  This will be less a diary and more a journal, of perhaps random thoughts. My father's birthday is May 7th, which also happens to be Robert Browning's birthday.  On the occasion of my father's 90th birthday, we're looking at Robert Browning quotations.  Many are noteworthy, the one that sticks in my mind on this occasion is "Stung by the splendor of a sudden thought."  Let's let that be the watchword for this blog.

One of the things I continue to miss most following my husband's death four years ago, is having someone to share interesting tidbits and thoughts with at the end of the day.  I still learn of things in the news or read things in the newspaper, or something funny happens, and I think, "Oh I need to make sure to tell Stan about this."  So maybe this can fill that continuing need.

But the thought of keeping a diary, having to write something every day, seems too much like work.  So this will be a journal, with entries as I have things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment