Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring Planting

I finished my spring planting yesterday, it took all of 15 minutes or so.  I have added to my tiny balcony a raised planter box that's about 3 feet long.  Big enough, I think for some herbs and a few vegetables.  Our spring so far has been cold and cloudy and not very spring-like, but yesterday and today have been warm and sunny. 

I now have some parsley and chives planted at one end of my garden, and some salad greens and onions at the other.  The rows are about a foot long.  We'll see what happens.  The balcony faces East and gets full sun until about 2 or 3 pm each day.  Last summer I planted one tomato plant in a planter made from half a wine barrel.  This summer I'm expanding my garden. 

And just the right size.  I think the weeding will be manageable!

No comments:

Post a Comment