Saturday, October 12, 2013

Inch by Inch

I am taking an on-line stitching class called "Inchies," taught by Kathy Rees.  It is a canvas work piece of 40 inch-sized segments (8 by 5), with different stitches and different threads.  It's a way to try out new stitches and new threads.  I really do not need another piece to hang on the wall, so did something different.  I stitched the inchies in groups of 9 (3 by 3) which I'll make into ornaments to hang.


"Inchies" stitched 3 by 3 to be finished into ornaments
Pink ornament
While waiting for some canvas and threads I had ordered for my next project, I was sorting through a stack of magazines and found "Look What I Did" by Jennifer Rodriguez of Always Time to Stitch in the September/October 2013 issue of "Just CrossStitch" magazine.  The design comes with a ghost holding up a Halloween quilt.  I decided to stitch the Halloween quilt portion and left off the ghost.  I'll finish this into an ornament for my Halloween tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment