Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Bookmarks and More Bookmarks

For some reason, I was in the mood to stitch bookmarks.  I found a pattern booklet of multiple bookmarks, "Read Between the Lines," by Blue Ribbon Designs.  Here are three examples.


And while I was thinking of bookmarks, I ran across a pattern from Stoney Creek, and some bright colored fabric.  Our church gives Bibles to second graders each May, and I decided I would stitch some bookmarks to be given to the children along with their new Bibles.  I picked six bright colors, and  adapted the design from Stoney Creek.  Inserted into the plastic sleeve along with the bookmark were the lyrics to "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know."  I stitched six bookmarks (neglecting to take a photo before I dropped them off at church).  Here are the first two stitched ahead for next year.


While I was in the mood for stitching small items, I also completed "This is my Joy" designed by Little House Needleworks.  A quick little nativity scene that I can make into an ornament.


No comments:

Post a Comment