Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ordination Milestone

This weekend we spent in Dubuque celebrating my father's 70th anniversary of his ordination.  We had a celebratory dinner Saturday evening at the Olive Garden, then church Sunday morning, followed by brunch.  The brunch was well attended, and speakers came from the Seminary, from the Synod, and the pastor shared greetings and a certificate from the Bishop.  I shared some thoughts about what it was like to grow up in this preacher's family, and lots of pictures were taken.

I had stitched some napkin rings for my sister-in-law's sister.  She had given me a tub full of DMC floss at Easter time, and had seemed taken with the napkin rings I had stitched for my brother and sister-in-law.  Unfortunately, I neglected to take a photo of the initial napkin rings, but here are the ones I gave to Nancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment