Friday, January 4, 2013

Has it really been 49 years?

In September, Waverly-Shell Rock High School had it's 45th reunion.  I graduated  from Dubuque Senior High School, but headed to Waverly for the weekend anyway.  In connection with the High School reunion, a reunion (our 49th) was held for those of us who attended St. Paul Lutheran School for grade school.  We had lunch, got a tour of the old school building that we knew (not much had changed), and then a tour of the "new" school, the adjective "new" being relative of course.  We saw our old house, drove by some of our old haunts.

Can you pick me out - I'm in the dark orange shirt about halfway up the stairs.

And, of course, stopped at Fiber Works, Waverly's needlework shop.  They were holding a pattern for me (Rosewood Manor's "Halloween Quilt Sampler," and I stocked up on supplies.  I decided to stitch some of the blocks individually, rather than as the full sampler, and finish the blocks as ornaments for a Halloween tree.

I even purchased a Mill Hlll Beads kit that I discovered, once I got home, I had already previously purchased.  I liked it so much I now have two of them on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment