Friday, January 4, 2013

Time for Stitching

Christmas ornaments that I started stitching on the cruise
As we spent five days at sea, sailing from Israel to Oman, I had time to pick up my stitching.  I worked on some Christmas canvaswork, with a large enough count (18) that I did not need to use my magnifying lamp.  I found a comfortable spot next to large windows with great sunlight, and stitched away.  These are Laura J. Perin Designs, "Holiday Ornaments."  Disclaimer: while I started the stitching on the cruise, it took me a full year to actually finish them into ornaments.  I gave two of the ornaments as gifts Christmas 2012.

Now is a good time to mention the towel animals that showed up in our stateroom regularly.  Our cabin steward took to putting Dennis' sunglasses on the creatures.








And, to help passengers keep track of what day of the week it was, the ship changed floor panels in the elevators each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment