Wednesday, July 31, 2013

To the Holy Land

On November 17th, we checked out of our hotel and headed to the Cunard Queen Elizabeth.  We checked into our stateroom and waited for our luggage.  Dennis' luggage arrived right away, but we waited and we waited and we waited for my luggage.  I was getting more and more anxious, wondering how I was going to manage a twelve-day cruise with only the clothes on my back.  Finally, after multiple phone calls and describing my luggage multiple times, my suitcase was finally located! Hurray!

On a more positive note, cruise.com, with whom we had made our cruise reservations, provided some chocolate covered strawberries as a thank-you.  And Cunard provided a bottle of champagne.  I guess as long as I had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, I should hve just enjoyed myself and not worried about whether I had any clothes!

Our first port of call, on November 18, was Mykonos.  We took a bus to and from the boat and toured on our own.



Do you see any cars at this car rental place?

Stray cats are endemic, we discovered

Time to sit on a shady bench and admire the view

Looking across the bay to the ship





No comments:

Post a Comment